On starting Organize for the first time, you will see the Welcome dialog displayed above. The Welcome dialog allows you to access online ressources, like short introductions to the concepts behind Organize or the manual and tutorials. Additionally it helps you to set up Organize and learn how to use it.
If you are new to Organize "Run Organize for the first time" is the place to start for you. Press the down arrow in the Welcome dialog and continue reading with the "Run Organize for the first time" section.
If you are already running Organize on another platform, like iPhone, iPad, "Sync with Organize for iPhone or iPad" is the best way to easily set up task transfer between your devices. Press the down arrow in the Welcome dialog and continue reading with the "Sync with Organize for iPhone and iPad" section.
If you just curious and can't wait to try it yourself, press the "Close" button to hide the Welcome dialog. You can always come back to the Welcome dialog by selecting Help > Show Welcome Dialog... from the menu.
If you want to learn how Organize works, "Create Tutorial Entries" is the best way to do so. Click it to automatically fill the Organize database with sample Projects, Contexts and Tasks. After the entries are created click on "Start Organize Tutorial" to learn more about how to manage your private tasks and your work day with Organize.
If you already tried another task manager before and want to upgrade to Organize, you can use the Import button to load the tasks from your previous application into Organize - this way you don't have to waste your time entering tasks you've already entered before. For more information on how to import tasks go to the Import section in the manual here.
Organize support synchronization via the Cloud (Internet) or direct synchronization via WiFi for as many devices and installations as you like. So which kind of synchronization is better? There's no easy answer, but consider the following:
- You're data is stored on a Server in the Cloud and can be integrated with additional services provided in the Cloud
- Connection to the Server is made by regular web access - so you can sync wherever you get an Internet connection
- You can configure to use your local proxy server for network connections, if your Mac is behind a firewall
- No direct connection between your Organize installations is necessary
- Data is only stored on your systems, no copy is made anywhere
- All Organize installations need to be on the same network to be able to synchronize
- Synchronization is usually faster on your local network
- Devices detect each other with Apple's Bonjour service for synchronization. You have to make sure no firewall blocks Bonjour broadcasts
To learn how to setup Cloud and WiFi Sync with Organize press the button "Open Organize Cloud Sync Manual" or "Open Organize WiFi Sync Manual". They contain step-by-step instructions for all platforms. The Cloud Sync Setup dialog can be accessed by clicking "Setup Organize Cloud Sync".